THE CHICAGO CENTER FOR OVERCOMING OVEREATING, INC.
The Chicago Center for Overcoming Overeating, Inc. (CCOO) was established in 1993 to help people end the preoccupation with food and weight using a non-diet approach.
Affiliated with the National Center for Overcoming Overeating, Inc. - an organization founded by Jane Hirschmann and Carol Munter, authors of the bestselling books Overcoming Overeating and When Women Stop Hating Their Bodies.
CCOO was at the forefront of a growing movement that recognized the importance of helping people to end the deprivation of diets, recognize the difference between physical and psychological hunger, strengthen body image, and work their way out of compulsive eating and binge eating.
From the Chicago Center for Overcoming Overeating, Inc. brochure:
Does this describe you?
- You eat when you are not hungry.
- You often have negative thoughts about your body.
- You spend a lot of time waiting to be “thin enough.”
- You use food for emotional comfort.
- You know diets don’t work, but don’t know what to do instead.
The Overcoming Overeating Approach
Overcoming Overeating is a comprehensive program for ending problems with food and weight. This gentle approach ends overeating without diets, rigid programs or rules. Instead, trained professionals work with you to implement step by step guidelines at a pace that is right for you.
When you use Overcoming Overeating you will:
- understand and break the cycle of yo-yo
- identify and eat from physiological hunger
- feel calm around all food
- build a positive body image
- find new ways to manage feelings without food
I continue to offer educational workshops and training through the Chicago Center for Overcoming Overeating, Inc., as well as initial consultations.
The mission remains the same as stated almost 20 years ago:
To help people end the preoccupation with food and weight.
IMAGINE THE FREEDOM!